Sunday, March 29, 2015

Week 10 15/5s

Team-Assigned Tasks

Instructional Strategy: 100% complete, took 15 minutes. Reviewed final draft and made some suggestions.
Treatment Description and Rationale: 100% complete, took 15 minutes. Reviewed final draft and made some suggestions.
Formative Evaluation Plan: 10% complete, took 1 hour. Developed rudimentary outline. Will develop more detail as we proceed closer to the due date.
Meet with Team: 100% complete, took 2.0 hours. We discussed the instructional strategy, treatment design and rationale, treatment report, and formative evaluation plan deliverables. We discussed SCORM and eCourseware, and the plan for building content going forward.
Worked on content: 5% complete, took 5 hours
Created some possible content for Lead Instructional Designer's review.
Completed Team 15/5: 100% complete, took 15 minutes. See the team site for details.

Reflection

Remembering: What did I do?

See the Team-Assigned Tasks for specifics. Additionally, I completed the assigned readings for this week. I also communicated with my team and our instructor several times throughout this week.

Understanding: What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals?

This was a busy week; important because it marked the beginning of the content development process. This being such a vital week led to the potential for problems, based upon poor communication. The importance of communicating with my teammates in a clear way was evident.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I do this again?

The nuts and bolts of analyses, content planning, content production, communication, and meetings are similar to other projects I have been involved with. I assume they will be similar to future projects as well.

Analysis: Did I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

The relationship between high-quality communication and improved team performance was made obvious this week, as was the power of leading by example.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

This week was very frustrating in some ways, but ultimately quite rewarding. As I intimated above, possible problems were solved with better communication. I have learned once again that a hands-off approach of communicating will not bring about the appropriate results. Going forward, I must be more deliberate in my communication.

Creation: What should I do next? What is my plan/design?

I have just heard from the Lead Instructional Designer that about ten pages of content have been approved. Next, I will communicate with my teammates to determine the best method for creating the content and our roles in each. My plan is to be transparent and obvious in all decisions and requests, so that all team members understand what is required of them, where the project is going, and how efficiently it is arriving there.

No comments:

Post a Comment