Sunday, April 5, 2015

Week 11 15/5

Team-Assigned Tasks

Uploaded Lead eLearning Developer's course skeleton: 100% complete, took 0.25 hours
Reviewed Lead eLearning Developer's treatment and course skeleton: 100% complete, took 2 hours
Created narration proof-of-concept: 15% complete, took 2 hours
Completed Team 15/5: 100% complete, took 15 minutes. See the team site for details.

Reflection

Remembering: What did I do?

See the Team-Assigned Tasks for specifics. Additionally, I completed the assigned readings for this week. I also communicated with my team and our instructor several times throughout this week via email. Overall, it was a light week for me in terms of course work.

Understanding: What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals?

Most important this week were my communication and collaboration activities, which helped bring the course content along very smoothly. Also, the proof-of-concept I created helped bring some definition to a previously ethereal concept.
I did not meet my goal of recording all the narration. What I did record had an annoying hum in the background due to a low quality microphone. I plan on recording in the IDT Studio this week with better equipment.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I do this again?

These collaborative and communicative actions are similar to what I have been doing this entire semester, with variable levels of success. I'm sure it will continue throughout the semester, and into future projects as well.

Analysis: Did I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

As I indicated above, I think I'm getting better at communication and leadership in general.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

What I did this week was done well. The audio recording did not work due to technical problems, and will be improved with better facilities this week. I did fail to identify that the Content Analysis was coming due and remind the Lead eLearning Developer. This oversight in my Project Management responsibilities led to her having to put in some late hours to complete the project,

Creation: What should I do next? What is my plan/design?

Next, I will contact the Lead Instructional Designer about having more content approved, record narrations, and work with the Lead eLearning Developer to update the presentation with the new content. As Lead Evaluator, I will create the course evaluations that have been approved, and develop the Formative Evaluation plan. I will likely request that the client identify 15 TAs or PIMs who would be willing to review the first prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment