Sunday, November 30, 2014

Peer Reviews--Week 7

Taxonomy of Reflection: Week 7

Remembering: What did I do?

I reviewed the second drafts of my fellow Tasmanian Devils and sent them my feedback.  I received feedback from the same.

Understanding: What was important about it?

The importance is in the process of reviewing, which sharpens my own abilities as a writer and reviewer of academic literature.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I use it again?

I've reviewed literature before when grading my students' work, and when reviewing papers back in my undergraduate writing workshop days.  Work study at the old U of Memphis.  Those were good times.

It seems that this will be particularly helpful as my career in academia continues, particularly if I should find myself on a poster or paper review board.  Of course, reviewing papers is good practice for reviewing one's own work too.

Analysis: Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

Just that I enjoy nitpicking.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

Well, the feedback I created was useful, I think.  I hope I wasn't too harsh with my critiques, but I think all the advice was good.  I started this process early so as to finish before Thanksgiving, so that was nice.

Creation: What should I do next? What's my plan/design?

I will review the comments of my peers, along with the comments from Dr. Weaver, and compose a final draft.

Personal Reflections

A nice relaxing week this week--I enjoyed the hiatus very much.  Looking forward, I have some minor revisions to make and a few small sections to create.  I feel good about my ability to satisfactorily complete the literature review on time and at a high level of quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment