Sunday, November 23, 2014

Literature Review 2--Week 6

Taxonomy of Reflection: Week 6

Remembering: What did I do?

I completed a belated first draft and revised a second draft of my literature review.

Understanding: What was important about it?

This is the product itself. It's important because the nascent thoughts are beginning to form.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I use it again?

I did this when writing other literature reviews. I will use these writing and revising skills as I go forward in this class, and as I write my dissertation.

Analysis: Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

Not so much, except for the pattern of working which will continue to repeat itself in the near future.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

I feel that I put together a product with some logical flow, that reads pretty well, and is reasonably concise. I need to work on updating on a regular schedule.

Creation: What should I do next? What's my plan/design?

Next up is Thanksgiving week, with reviews and redrafting. I think I will consider reorganizing my last section, and grouping the bullet points into topical headings.

Personal Reflections

This week, I felt much better and was able to finish the late first draft and the second draft.  I'm pretty happy with the results.  The nature of my last blog post almost certainly indicated my despair; I was bluntly worried that I had lost my edge--that I would not be able to focus going forward. This week brought reinforcement that my exhaustion was anomalous.

I'm writing this today from New Jersey, where I have travelled for a business overnight trip. I cannot wait to return home tomorrow evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment