Sunday, November 16, 2014

Reflection on Failure--Week 5

Taxonomy of Reflection: Week 5

Remembering: What did I do?

I organized my sources for the first draft of my literature review. I failed to complete any additional work.

Understanding: What was important about it?

The importance is to the future act of writing; this will help me create the literature review with maximum efficiency.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I use it again?

I've done this kind of thing before when writing papers; that is, classifying and organizing sources.  It is likely to occur often throughout the rest of my life.

Analysis: Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

The pattern is procrastination, though this time it may be more accurate to refer to it as exhaustion. More about this below.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

I did horribly.  I had no energy, no discipline, no concentration, no time. This has been one of the most difficult weeks I have ever faced academically.

To improve, I must actually create a product.

Creation: What should I do next? What's my plan/design?

I must complete the belated first draft of the literature review, post haste.  But I can't focus my mind!

Personal Reflections

What a disaster. What a personal failure. I arrived in Denver feeling sick, and stayed that way throughout the week. After completing CE classes and professional requirements, I would return to my room exhausted. I failed to get any work done throughout the week, except for minor expansion and classification of the material. I sat down to begin writing several times, but each time I could not manage to concentrate on the task.

I've never experienced such utter academic failure. There have been times when I have produced subpar work, but never before have I straight up missed an assignment. I am disgusted with myself. I am so sorry for letting Dr. Weaver and my professors down.

Even writing this blog post is taxing my stamina. I feel like I could sleep a week.

I will arise tomorrow morning, complete my obligations at work, and then write until I have a product to submit.

No comments:

Post a Comment