Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 4 15/5

Team-Assigned Tasks

  • Project Charter: 100% complete, took 3 hours to date. This is my primary responsibility. I  completed the sections on critical risk factors; assumptions, constraints, and risks; and materials, while updating the financial section with a hypothetical budget. I created a review screencast.
  • Asana.com page: 100% complete, took 3 hours to date. This was my primary responsibility. With the help of my teammates, I adjusted some milestones, added tasks, and deleted others into a WBS. I created a Gantt chart for reference.
  • Meet with Team: 100% complete, took 1.15 hour. We worked together on the WBS structure and discussed questions for the client.
  • Completed Team 15/5: 100% complete, took 15 minutes. See the team site for details.

Reflection

Remembering: What did I do?

See the Team-Assigned Tasks for specifics. In addition, I completed my assigned reading.

Understanding: What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals?

The importance of these steps was in starting the team project with a solid foundation, so that all the team members know what is expected of them and what they need to be working on. The charter, specifically, was important so that the client and sponsor agree with the team on our basic project foundation.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I do this again?

I began work on the project charter and Asana.com page last week, so their completions were sequela of that recent work. The team meeting was similar to meetings I have had in the past. I expect to be in many team meetings and develop many initializing documents for future projects.

Analysis: Did I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

Just in the detail and care that goes into managing the members of a team, their understanding, and expectation. The value of good communication cannot be overstated.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

I am happy with my performance this week. I feel that our team has a solid foundation to build upon, and a clear vision of the way forward. At the risk of sounding arrogant, I don't know if there is any step this week that I could have improved upon. 

Creation: What should I do next? What is my plan/design?

Our team will meet on Thursday to discuss the analysis report. As Lead Evaluator, I will be involved in its completion to a small extent. My plan is to being thinking about evaluative methods on Monday and have several suggestions for the team for Thursday's meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment