Sunday, February 1, 2015

Week 2 15/5

Team-Assigned Tasks

-Project Charter: 25% complete, took 1 hour. This was my primary responsibility. I simply put the basic information into this, since it is not due for a few weeks. I need to add more information about the scope of the project and individual responsibilities, as more information becomes available.
-Asana.com page: 10% complete, took 1 hour. This was my primary responsibility. I invited my teammates and added a few basic tasks. This will be filled in, with time, once I meet with the client and understand the specific tasks better.
-Meet with Client: 5% complete, took 10 minutes. This was my primary responsibility. I contacted my client and set up a meeting for this coming Wednesday afternoon to discuss the project itself, and what she has in mind. I asked my team members for any questions they might have for the client.

Reflection

Remembering: What did I do?

See the Team-Assigned Tasks for specifics. In addition, I read my assigned reading and spoke to Dr. Weaver about meeting with my client. I completed a preliminary team evaluation.

Understanding: What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals?

These were many of the initial steps to getting the project off the ground. I met all the goals that I set for this week.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I do this again?

I have not created a project charter, or Asana.com page before. I have met with a client on an instructional design project before (unassociated with a class). I will likely do these things for the majority of instructional design tasks I initiate in my role at Southern College of Optometry.

Analysis: Did I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

Not yet. It's too early to pick up on patterns, I think. Compared to my previous project management experience, I am being more definitive in my planning, however.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

I still need to flesh out the Project Charter and and Asana.com site, but that is more for want of information at this point. Completion of my tasks was easily done and at a good standard of quality.
I feel that some of my team members may want more direction at this point, but I feel I have little to say, until I meet for the client on Wednesday.
I still need to learn more about the specific steps of managing a project, and what our project is going to be about.

Creation: What should I do next? What is my plan/design?

Next, I'll meet with the client and update the project charter using the information I glean from that meeting. I'll update the Asana.com site with specific tasks as well, which can become more specific with time. My team and I will meet sometime near the end of the week and discuss how things are going and what our next steps are.

1 comment: