Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 3 15/5

Team-Assigned Tasks


  • Meet with Client: 100% complete, took 1.1 hours to date. This was my primary responsibility. I met our client and received information about the project scope and materials. I made copies for my team members.
  • Project Charter: 66% complete, took 2 hours to date. This is my primary responsibility. I updated the charter with information from the client meeting. I still need to complete the sections on critical risk factors; assumptions, constraints, and risks; and materials. I need to review the charter and create a review.
  • Asana.com page: 50% complete, took 1.5 hours to date. This was my primary responsibility. I added all major milestone deliverables and a few subtasks. I still need create a work breakdown structure (WBS) and a Gantt chart of the deliverables.
  • Meet with Team: 100% complete, took 1 hour. I presented the information from the client meeting to the group. We decided upon a project scope.
  • Completed Team 15/5: 100% complete, took 15 minutes. See the team site for details.

Reflection

Remembering: What did I do?

See the Team-Assigned Tasks for specifics. In addition, I read my assigned reading and projects.

Understanding: What was important about what I did? Did I meet my goals?

This week's steps were essential for our teams' understanding of the scope of our project. I led the team discussion, and our team understands the scope now and what is required before our next meeting. All the steps I had planned to complete were done this week.

Application: When did I do this before? Where could I do this again?

I began work on the project charter and Asana.com page last week, so this was a sequela of that recent work. The client and team meetings were similar to meetings I have had in the past. I am sure to be in many other client and team meetings in the future of this project, and others.

Analysis: Did I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?

The intricacy of this style of management is becoming more clear to me. I begin to see the attention to detail that goes into every step.

Evaluation: How well did I do? What worked? What do I need to improve?

I did moderately well this week. The client and team meetings went well. My presentation to my group answered any of their questions. I likely should have planned to complete the WPS sooner that this coming Tuesday, as more clarity of tasks would have been helpful in engendering understanding among my team members. 

Creation: What should I do next? What is my plan/design?

I will review the existing co-teaching modules that are available online. I'll review existing eLearning development software to decide upon our platform. I'll meet with my team on Tuesday to create the WBS and Gantt chart. I'll complete the project charter and present it to the class. My plan is to follow what we have learned about WBS and break each deliverable down to its definable core components.

No comments:

Post a Comment